- Bullying Prevention
- Emergency Mgmt.
- Internet Safety
- Mission Homefront
Emergency Management News
Information and Resources to Guard Against Viruses Spread by Mosquitoes Such As the Zika Virus Disease
The U.S. Department of Education would like to refer you to information and resources for state and local leaders, schools, school-based health staff and educators on steps that can be taken to guard against viruses spread by mosquitoes such as dengue, chikungunya, and Zika virus disease.
Free Resources Available from the Pennsylvania State Police
The Domestic Security Division of the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP) provides free services to assist schools. For technical assistance, other requests or to sign up for active shooter training contact PSP at firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Bus Audio Taping Approval
On February 4, 2014, Act 9 of 2014 was signed into law, approving the use of audio taping on school buses in Pennsylvania. In order for schools to comply with this law and use audio taping, schools and/or school boards must:
- Adopt a school board policy that authorizes audio interception on school buses or vehicles for disciplinary or security purposes
- Provide annual notification from the school board to parents and students via a mailed letter to the student's home
- Post a notice on each bus furnished with audio-recording equipment that students may be audio taped
Contractor vs. Employee
Before your school hires an independent contractor for key services instead of employees, consider the 20 questions proposed to determine this fact in the IRS Revenue Ruling 87-41.
IRS 20 Factors (p.5 of PDF), not intended as legal advice and should be vetted through the district solicitor
IRS 3 Categories of Control, not intended as legal advice and should be vetted through the district solicitor
- President Signs Bill Encouraging Schools to Stockpile Epinepherine
- Pedestrian Safety Videos
- School Responsibilities to Pre-Plan and Prepare with Emergency Responders
- Center Testimony to PA Senate on School Safety
- All-Hazards Plan Security
- Free Information from U.S. ED Publications
- Response to Sandy Hook Tragedy
- Tornado Preparedness for Schools
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training Documents Released
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Law for Youth Athletes
- Risk and Vulnerability Assessments
- Schools and Underground Pipelines
- School Radios: Are you ready for narrow banding?
- Free School Bus Driver In-service Programs
- School Bus Driver Training
- New ICS Forms Booklet Released
- Free Employer Training for Committee Certification
- Requesting a Risk and Vulnerability Assessment
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your School
- Timely Information on Critical Incidents