- Bullying Prevention
- Emergency Mgmt.
- Internet Safety
- Mission Homefront
Bullying Prevention Professional Development
2013-14 Third Thursday Bullying Prevention Webinar Series
Third Thursday of each month from 3:00 – 4:15 p.m.
A webinar series for educators, parents and youth-serving professionals. Supported with funding from the Highmark Foundation, each session will provide information on the most current research or relevant topics to the field of bullying prevention.
January 16, 2014
Common Core, Bullying Prevention and SES
Information to come.
Upcoming Third Thursday Webinars
- February 20, 2014 What School Administrators Should Know about Bullying Prevention
- March 20, 2014 Using Age Appropriate Literature to Support Bullying Prevention
- April 17, 2014 OBPP in Urban Communities
In order to view the recorded presentation, you must have the Blackboard Collaborate Java application downloaded to your personal computer. There is no cost to download the software. To configure your computer, visit the Blackboard Collaborate support page.
2013-14 Third Thursday
2012-13 Third Thursday
- Bullying Prevention and Community Engagement
- Bullying Prevention in the Afterschool Setting
- Cost/Benefit Analysis of Bullying Prevention
- High School Student Engagement and Building Positive School Climate
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support and Bullying Prevention
- Sick of Bullying or Sick Because of Bullying: Health Impacts of Bullying Behaviors
- Understanding and Responding to Bullying: What Parents Can Do
2011-12 Third Thursday
- Bullying and Hazing
- Bullying and Protected Class Issues/OBPP Coaching
- Bullying and Suicide: What Educators Need to Know (registration required)
- Bullying and the Coordinated School Health Model
- Bullying Prevention in High Schools
- Bullying Prevention in Urban Schools
- Class Meetings and Bullying Prevention in Secondary Schools: Lessons from the Field
- Cyberbullying: What Parents and Educators Need to Know About Prevention and Response
- Implementing the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) with Fidelity
- Introduction to the PA Bullying Prevention Toolkit (registration required)
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) Implementation in a Special Education Setting
2013 International Bullying Prevention Association Conference
November 11-12, 2013; Nashville, Tenn. The International Bullying Prevention Association's annual conference provides excellent learning and professional development opportunities for those involved in bullying prevention. This year's theme is "Creating Compassionate Schools and Communities." Many of the workshops presented in breakout sessions offer current evidence-supported best practices, practical techniques for use in the classroom and school grounds, the latest research, and an opportunity to network with your colleagues from all over the United States and around the world. More Information
Pennsylvania Olweus Bullying Prevention Program Certified Trainers
Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) is a comprehensive approach to bullying prevention that involves the faculty, staff, student population and requires a strong commitment from administration and parent involvement. Members of the Pennsylvania Bullying Prevention Network have earned certification in OBPP and are available to support schools with implementation of the program. More Information
For more information on specific Bullying Prevention professional development opportunities, contact Stacie Molnar-Main, Strategic Initiatives Manager, Center for Safe Schools at (717) 763-1661 x128 or email@example.com.