- Bullying Prevention
- Emergency Mgmt.
- Internet Safety
- Mission Homefront
Bullying Prevention Professional Development
Responsive Classroom – How to Bullyproof Your Classroom
August 6, 2013; Pittsburgh, Pa.
August 8, 2013; Grantville, Pa.
This workshop is offered by the publishers of Responsive Classroom, an evidence-based approach to elementary education and provides strategies for addressing bullying that will help to promote a positive classroom climate. Participants will learn how to: recognize and stop "gateway to bullying behaviors" as soon as they start; build a caring classroom community; create rules with children that help prevent bullying; talk candidly with children about bullying; and work with parents in your anti-bullying efforts. More Information
OBPP Coordinating Committee Add-On Training
August 14, 2013; Grantville, Pa.
August 16, 2013; Pittsburgh, Pa.
The training will provide an in-depth overview of the OBPP components and review necessary skills and strategies for maintaining and strengthening the school’s bullying prevention program. Specifically, the training will offer targeted information on maintaining a bullying prevention coordinating committee, using data to strengthen the program, enhancing supervision, the tracking and intervention processes, involving parents and working with the community. More Information
2012-13 Third Thursday Bullying Prevention Online Learning Series
On the third Thursday of each month, a live online learning session for educators, parents and youth-serving professionals will be held. Supported with funding from the Highmark Foundation, each session will provide information on the most current research or relevant topics to the field of bullying prevention.
Continuing Education Credits
Registration is required. All registrants will receive an email confirmation regarding the status of their participation and instructions on how to access the meeting room in order to participate in the event. Downloading the necessary software to participate in this live, online session is easy and can be obtained for free.
Recorded Online Sessions
In order to view the recorded presentation, you must have the Blackboard Collaborate Java application downloaded to your personal computer. There is no cost to download the software. To configure your computer, visit the Blackboard Collaborate support page.
Third Thursday 2012-13
- Bullying Prevention and Community Engagement
- The Cost/Benefit Analysis of Bullying Prevention
- Positive Behavior Intervention and Support and Bullying Prevention
- Bullying Prevention in the Afterschool Setting
- High School Student Engagement and Building Positive School Climate
- Understanding and Responding to Bullying: What Parents Can Do
Third Thursday 2011-12
- Bullying and Hazing
- Bullying Prevention in High Schools
- Implementing the Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) with Fidelity
- Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) Implementation in a Special Education Setting
- Class Meetings and Bullying Prevention in Secondary Schools: Lessons from the Field
- Bullying and the Coordinated School Health Model
- Bullying and Protected Class Issues/OBPP Coaching
- Bullying Prevention in Urban Schools
- Bullying and Suicide: What Educators Need to Know (registration required)
- Introduction to the PA Bullying Prevention Toolkit (registration required)
- Cyberbullying: What Parents and Educators Need to Know About Prevention and Response (registration required)
Pennsylvania Olweus Bullying Prevention Program Certified Trainers
Olweus Bullying Prevention Program (OBPP) is a comprehensive approach to bullying prevention that involves the faculty, staff, student population and requires a strong commitment from administration and parent involvement. Members of the Pennsylvania Bullying Prevention Network have earned certification in OBPP and are available to support schools with implementation of the program.
For more information on specific Bullying Prevention professional development opportunities, please call Stacie Molnar-Main, Strategic Initiatives Manager, Center for Safe Schools at (717) 763-1661 x128 or email@example.com.
Third Thursday Schedule (tentative)
Sessions will be held from 3:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
May 16, 2013
Sick of Bullying or Sick Because of Bullying: Health Impacts of Bullying Behaviors