- Bullying Prevention
- Emergency Mgmt.
- Internet Safety
- Mission Homefront
Bullying Prevention News
Cumberland Valley School District's It Takes One (ITO) Club Featured on Cyberbullying Research Center Site
Geraldine Johnson, OBPP Trainer and Behavior Support Specialist at Cumberland Valley School District, continues to work with students to make a difference in bullying prevention at her school. With the development of the high school’s ITO club and diligent work in educating students, staff and parents in the area of bullying prevention, Geraldine continues to make a huge difference in the lives of children. More
U.S. Department of Education Released Additional Information On Schools’ Responsibilities To Address Bullying
The U.S. Ed. advances nine evidence-based practices. These are consistent with many practices recommended by OBPP and supported by research.
The Center for Safe Schools recommends that you use these recommendations to guide your work with any school that is not engaged in OBPP. For schools engaged in OBPP, we recommend that you encourage fidelity to the OBPP model and adhere to U.S. Ed’.s recommendations regarding parent notification.
Teaching Tolerance Guide Helps Educators “Speak Up at School” Against Bias and Bullying
The “Speak Up at School” guide is for teachers and other adults who work in schools. It offers advice about how to respond to remarks made by students and by other adults and gives guidance for helping students learn to speak up as well. By modeling the kind of behavior they want from students, educators can effectively teach students how to be effective and active change-agents in their school and community. Download the Guide
Kindness Boosts Student Popularity, Study Shows
In "Kindness Counts: Prompting Prosocial Behavior in Preadolescents Boosts Peer Acceptance and Well-Being", researchers observed 415 students ages 9 to 11 in 19 classrooms in Vancouver, B.C., over four weeks. They found kindness is linked to popularity among middle schoolers.
- Suicide and Bullying
- ASCD Publication on Harassment, Bullying and Free Expression
- Laws Require Internet Safety Education in Schools that Receive E-Rate Funds
- Federal Government Evaluates Bullying Laws
- What Every Parent Should Know about Bullying
- Teaching Tolerance: Bully at the Blackboard
- Sesame Street: The Good Birds Club
- Stop Bullying Now! Youth Action Video
- School Bus Driver Training
- United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights Guidance on Issues of Harassment and Bullying
- Study Finds Most Bullying Not Reported; Reporting More Likely When Physical Harm Involved
- Readiness Series to Implement Comprehensive School Violence Programs
- Philadelphia fifth-grader gets support from Obama in quest to end bullying
- PA CARES: Bullying Prevention in Pennsylvania Schools